(Here is the old text for the 2012 class)
The Mini-Economy is an in-class society that promotes collaboration while teaching important lessons about economics and entrepreneurship. Learn how to use it in a three-day workshop for teachers of Grades 3-8 on August 6-8, 2012, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., at James Madison University. Each participant gets:
- Three days of training in August, with lunch, textbooks and all materials provided.
- Strategies for implementing the Virginia SOLs in the Mini-Economy.
- Participation certificate for recertification.
- Classroom-ready SOL-correlated lesson plans.
- Invitation to participate in the area-wide GEM Fair, an entrepreneurship fair at JMU, in 2013.
- Follow-up and consultation as needed.
contact-form-7 id=”246″ title=”Summer 2012 Mini-Economy Training”